The book is designed to be used as supplemental material for business & professional education
The book is primarily about philosophy and can help you set a philosophic lens through which to consider your course material.
Professors who are already using the book report that it has totally changed the dynamic and discussions that occur in the classroom as students actively consider the ethical implications of the decisions they are considering.
THE BOOK IS DIVIDED INTO 4 SECTIONS
Introduction to the philosophy of Humanism (Philosophy)
Applying Humanism to the Business of Business (Integrating Ethics into Decision Making and Interpersonal Relationships)
Problem Solving Like a Humanist (Strategy and Decision Making)
Case Studies – Applying Humanist methodology to problems liked Diversity & Inclusion and Harassment problems in the workplace.
Teacher Notes and Resources
Author Jennifer Hancock has created resources to help educators use the book in their courses.
The 3 big ideas presented in the book are:
- Ethical Philosophy Matters in Business Because Humans Matter to Businesses
- Integrating Ethics into Decision Making Creates More Effective Solutions
- Solving Problems Humanistically Leads to Better Outcomes for Everyone
The Teachers Notes Include:
- An overview of the book
- Highlights of the 3 biggest ideas presented in the book
- Sample Discussion questions
- Links to videos by Ms. Hancock discussing the big ideas of the book.
- Sample assessment questions you can use either to spur discussion or as a way to have students respond to case studies you are using in the course, using a Humanistic management lens.
Tools and Worksheets:
Ms. Hancock has also provided 3 worksheets you can use with your students to apply humanism to case studies in your course. These include:
- Ethics Matter: Applying Your Values Tool
- Integrating Ethics into Decision Making Tool
- A Reality Based Problem Solving Matrix.
Business School Courses
Intro to Management
Management of organizations
Leadership & Corporate Accountability
Human Resources Courses
Critical Thinking and Logic
Principles of Management
Applied Organizational Psychology
Workforce training and development
Management & Leadership
To request this book for your course – contact Business Expert Press